DETAILS: Leading from the Center [continued from page 1]
Leading from the Center is a two-session, eight-day training incorporating the core concepts of collaboration, choice and personal leadership. It is a training dedicated to reconnecting you with what is truly important in your life and helping you put that clarity into action.
The training is led by the founders of ALC, Maril Cardwell, Chris Mathe, Debbie Oudiz, Phil Stahr, and Gayle Mathe. Between them, they have over 65 years experience in intensive, experiential small group trainings. The training is founded on a set of core values that inform a set of basic themes that, in turn, support several desired outcomes.
The Core Values
- Everyone has the capacity for life affirming changes;
- We all are connected to a greater whole;
- There is expressed and unexpressed magnificence in all of us;
- We are most whole when we act and live with the integration of heart, body, mind, and spirit;
- Life lived from appreciation, gratitude, love, and service is empowering and transforming for ourselves and the people and organizations with whom we are involved.
The Basic Themes
The following themes of Authentic Leadership are woven throughout the training:
- Relational Competence, including
- Participating in a learning community
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Developing self-expression – sharing your authentic self with others
- Expanded Self Awareness, including
- You are whole and complete right now – it’s not about fixing what’s broken; it’s about expanding your possibilities
- Change begins with changing self – it’s an inside out job
- Seeking a wider perspective, receiving feedback, asking for help
- Expanding the choices available to you – making authentic choices
- Finding and developing your voice
Healing and Growth, including
- Forgiveness – letting go of the past
- Appreciation, gratitude – active joy with what you have
- Healing – resolving the blocks that hold you back
- Shame reduction
Balance and Integration, including
- Integrating and balancing the physical, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual parts that make up the authentic self
- Choosing from this balanced self is your essence in action
The Desired Outcomes
- Identifying and transforming limiting beliefs and patterns to bring about creative and constructive individual change
- Realizing strengths and passion to step into a fuller, more satisfying and meaningful life
- Developing deep listening skills as well as a voice that expresses personal truth and understanding of life
- Foster relational competence by creating an intentional learning community
- Finding and celebrating the uniqueness and magnificence inside each person
How do we create these outcomes in Leading from the Center? True to our core value of balance between mind, body, heart, and spirit, the training utilizes many different modalities: interactive lecture, group interaction and feedback, individual processes, movement, skill-building, writing, and sharing. The exercises are structured and paced to build skills and readiness for subsequent exercises. The emphasis is on collaboration, compassion, and emotional and physical safety. The goal of the leadership team and the volunteer coaches is to create an environment for deep, transformative learning and growth.
Who should attend?
Leading from the Center is designed for motivated adults seeking deeper understanding of themselves and how they can step completely into who they are. It is the continuation of a lifelong process of finding meaning and passion and transforming these into action. It is not a quick fix nor is it a panacea. It is a very intensive, compassionate, and liberating journey to one’s self and expressing that self in authentically connected relationships. We will work individually with each person who is interested in the training to develop a success plan to maximize the benefits of the training.
The tuition for Leading from the Center is $2495. Family, sliding scale, and professional discounts are available. The price of each training includes hotel accommodations for the 5-day session and three months of Living Authentically evenings. We are committed to not letting finances be the reason you do not experience the training.
Satisfaction guaranteed: If, after completion, you are not satisfied with your Leading from the Center training, the Authentic Leadership Center will refund your tuition fees minus the non-refundable deposit if you request the refund within 30 days after completing your 8-day training.
There are four Leading from the Center trainings each year. Click here for a list of dates. Please contact the ALC team for more information. If you want to register now, click here. Start your journey today!